“The ASIC Awards Program provides a critical public education tool which establishes excellence and leadership in innovation water management. Participation in the program recognizes your projects and clients as stewards of one of the nation’s precious resources, water.” – Jeffrey Bruce, FASIC
Excellence in Irrigation
The ASIC Excellence in Irrigation Awards can be integral to a Consultant’s marketing strategy. The award is recognized by the entire green industry and establishes one’s work as exceptional through innovation, creativity, and experience. Most importantly, the awards publicize the important efforts of our membership and the value ASIC brings to our industry.
What are the Excellence in Irrigation Awards?
- The ASIC Excellence Awards represent prime examples of the outstanding work our members, like you, are involved with.
- Winning projects are selected based on the quality of project planning, design functionalism, environmental responsibility, and relevance.
- The projects are independently judged by a jury of knowledgeable and nationally recognized members of academia, irrigation consultants, industry members or public agency officials, who are looking for evidence of unique problem solving; forward-thinking water resource management solutions and clarity in presentation.
- Entry categories include: Commercial/Public Works; Parks and Recreational Fields; Golf; Residential; Water Management/Planning and Analysis; Research.
- This award program is open to ASIC members only. Become a member of ASIC.
Why Submit a Project?
- Become more well-known in the industry.
- Enhance your company’s reputation.
- Help both you and ASIC market your expertise to current and potential clients.
What do Winning Projects Recieve?
- Winning projects may receive either an Honor or Merit Award.
- Award winners receive a personalized plaque (additional plaques can be ordered for clients).
- Honor and Merit award recipients are announced in a press release sent to industry publications.
- Award winners will be recognized and presented with their plaque(s) at the Awards Banquet held at the culmination of the 2023 ASIC National Conference.
- Winning projects are featured during the 2023 ASIC National Conference with dedicated signage for each winning project.
- Award winners are featured on asic.org with a dedicated post for each winning project.
How do I submit a Project?
- Projects for the 2023 ASIC Excellence in Irrigation Awards is now closed. Please check back soon for 2024 submissions.
Excellence in Irrigation Award Recipients
2021 Winner: Pathline at Peery Park
Pathline at Peery Park Sunnyvale, CA – Honor Award, Commercial and Public Works - Large Projects ...
2021 Winner: Children’s Hospital Campus
Northern California Children's Hospital Campus Northern, CA – Honor Award, Commercial and Public...
2021 Winner: Outback Date Plantation
Outback Date Plantation with Lucern Production Queensland, Australia – Honor Award, Water...
2021 Winner: Desert Sky Park
Desert Sky Park Gilbert, AZ – Merit Award, Parks & Recreational FieldsCONSULTANT Douglas...
2020 Winner: Offices at Santa Clara Square
Offices at Santa Clara Square Santa Clara, CA – Honor Award, Commercial and Public Works - Large...
ASIC Honor Awards
ASIC gives special recognition to individuals and organizations that have made significant contributions to the irrigation industry.
The Award Process is as follows:
Nominations are solicited by the Honor Awards Committee
The Committee reviews the nominations and submits its final recommendations to the Board of Directors
Awards are chosen at the Board’s discretion and are not necessarily distributed annually
Roy Williams Memorial
This award is given in recognition of significant contributions to the irrigation industry. The award can be given to an individual or an organization.
Rick Reinders & Chip Carlson
Sam Tobey Lifetime Achievement
This award is given to an individual whose long-term support of the Society’s principles and whose efforts to promote the goals of the Society are deserving of special recognition by his or her peers.
The Ivy Munion Langendorff Women in Irrigation
This award is given in recognition of women who have positively impacted and made a difference in the irrigation industry.
A Fellow is recognized for being outstanding in their career. Only 16 people have been named ASIC Fellow since the first Fellow was selected in 1992.
The criteria for an ASIC Fellow is as follows:
Career work advancing their profession
Service to the profession by sharing thier knowledge
Leadership roles resulting in recognition and respect
Freely volunteering for the betterment of the industry
Over 20 Years of Asic Fellows
2019 Bob Scott —Irrigation Consultant Services, Inc.
2018 Jeffrey Bruce** —Jeffrey L. Bruce & Company
2017 Steven Hohl —Water Concern, Ltd.
2015 Douglas Macdonald — Aqua Engineering, Inc.
2014 Brian Vinchesi — Irrigation Consulting, Inc.
2014 Brendan Lynch** — Lynch & Associates, Ltd.
2007 James Barrett — James Barrett Associates, LLC
2000 John Blevens* — Irrigation Consultant (formerly ICS, Inc.)
1999 Stephen W. Smith — Aqua Engineering, Inc and Wade Water, LLC
1997 David D. Davis** — David D. Davis and Associates
1996 Richard W. Smith* — Richard W. Smith & Associates, Inc.
1994 David D. Pagano — d.d. Pagano, Inc.
1994 Bob Cloud** — Associated Irrigation Consultants
1994 Russell D. Mitchell — Russel D. Mitchell & Associates, Inc.
1992 Chet Sarsfield** — Irrigation Technical Services