- 2iC Consultants, Ltd.
- Company Type
- Professional Design Office
51 Sea View RoadHayling Island, PO11 9PDUnited Kingdom
Wimbledon Technical College - Higher National Certificate in Electrical Engineering, Technical apprenticeship with Foster Transformers and Switchgear
Member of the Institute of Agricultural Engineers and the Golf Consultants Association. Gold Level Health and safety certified.
- Athletic Fields/complexesCertified Irrigation AuditorCommercial/Industrial/CampusGolf CourseWater Management/Resource Assessment
- Specialities & Project References
- Athletic Fields/complexes
- Blackheath Rugby Club, Greenwich London,England
- Lansdowne Road Rugby Stadium, Dublin,Ireland
- Chinnor Rugby Club, Oxford, England
- London Olympic Park, London, England
- Sutton Place, Guildford Surrey, England
- Heritage Houses, Qatar, UAE
- Golf Course
- Carnegie Abbey Golf Club, Portsmouth, Rhode Island
- Le Touquet Syndicat Golfe, Le Touquet, France
- Royal Ashdown Forest Golf Club, Forest Row East Sussex, England
- Water Management/Resource Assessment
- Coombe Wood Golf Club, Kingston upon Thames,England
- Rungsted Golf Klub, Denmark
- Angmering Park Estate, Arundel, England
- Certified Irrigation Auditor
- Hunstanton Golf Club, Norfolk, England
- Langley Park Golf Club, London, England
- Walmer and Kingsdown Golf Club, Kent, England
I was an applications engineer with a Scottish pump company and used to engineer pumping system for Wright Rain Irrigation who specialized in large scale agricultural projects. The company owner invited me to work for him and charged me to “do something with these gear drive pop up sprinklers” which he had learned about from Ed Hunter. I took up the challenge and designed the first ever automated golf course irrigation system to be installed in the UK. Toro only had hydraulic controller available at that time so I developed their controller into an electric unit. Following Jack Wright’s death I started my own company- Watermation – and developed the first successful two wire irrigation controller. This technology is now used in most 2 wire systems.
I sold my company in 1995 and formed an irrigation consulting company. My engineering experience is very wide, from commissioning subway trains for Toronto Transit Commission to Designing Reservoirs, Hydro electric Power systems, geological investigations for boreholes and all aspects of irrigation system installation and operation. Anything involving water is my greatest love. I am proud to have served for 5 years as the technical supervisor of the irrigation and decorative water features at the London 2012 Olympic Site, now known as the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
I was a founder member of the British Turf and Landscape Irrigation Association and wrote the code of ethics and minimum standards for contractors works.
All my designs are driven by the customer’s need not by manufacturer’s fashion. My colleagues and I never forget that attention to detail is the secret of good engineering.
The company was founded in 1999 and named 2iC from 2001. There are currently two full time employees – both directors and ASIC members. There are 3 associates who work with us as required.
We have the office in Hayling Island and another one at 23 Sir Bernard Lovell Road Malmsbury England SN16 9FN
We specialize in the following:
Golf Course Irrigation
Water resource investigations
Water harvesting schemes
Earth bank reservoir design
Sustainable drainage schemes
Auditing irrigation systems
Rural Drinking water systems and treatment
The bulk of our work is in the UK but we have clients across Europe, some in the Middle East and have currently a project in the West Indies. We have completed two golf projects in the USA.