- EMI Design
- Company Type
- Professional Design Office
404 South Bedford RoadOrange, California South 92868United States
Landscape Architecture, California Polytechnic State University, Pomona, class of 1981
- Athletic Fields/complexesCommercial/Industrial/CampusCommunity Development/Master PlanningGolf CourseHousing Development/ResidentialRooftop/Urban
- Specialities & Project References
- Athletic Fields/complexes
- Las Lomas Community Park, Irvine, California
- Cypress Village Community Park, Irvine, California
- Sioux Park - Synthetic Field Conversion, Rapid City, South Dakota
- Disneyland Hotel Central Courtyard, Anaheim, CA
- Wynn Palace, Macau Resort, Coatai
- RDE Promenade - Caesars Entertainment, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Community Development/Master Planning
- Cypress Village Master Planned Community, Irvine, California
- Portola Springs Master Planned Community, Irvine, California
- Palos Colorados Master Planned Community, Moraga, California
- Golf Course
- NCBC Port Hueneme Front 9 Seabee Golf Course, Port Hueneme, California
- Pebble Beach Driving Range, Pebble Beach, California
- Housing Development/Residential
- Taylor Yard Housing - Lot 3, Los Angeles, California
- Las Cortes Townhomes, Oxnard, California
- P,rivate Residence, Dana Point, California
- St Jude Medical Center - Northwest Tower, Fullerton, California
- Rio Vista Housing Complex, Los Angeles, California
Landscape Irrigation Design Services provided by Mr. Montelongo include;
– New Irrigation System Design
– Existing System Modification Plans
– Water Conservation System Improvement Evaluations
– Irrigation Master Planning
Irrigation project design problem solving and irrigation system program development are prepared using Best Management Practices. Irrigation design plans incorporate water-efficient methods and cost-effective techniques providing optimum landscape support that is obtainable with current landscape industry products and standards.
Mr. Montelongo uses his Landscape Architecture background with all aspects of landscape construction, including respective water-use requirements for plant material such as Drought Tolerant and Hybrid-Native selections. All California projects are designed to meet the project specific landscape criteria and compliance with the State of California’s 2010 Landscape Water Efficiency Ordinance as adopted by every city.
Current relevant experience also includes compliance for Build-it-Green and documentation with LEED new project Water Efficiency Credit qualifications.
EMI Design was formed in 2009 after working full time at EDAW/AECOM for 19 years. My title is owner with a partnership with my wife, Soraya.
I currently am working on projects across the USA, starting with California. My career portfolio includes projects within multiple states as well as projects overseas.
With my landscape architect background I understand our western region plant and related water-use classifications for compliance with the current California Water Efficiency Landscape Ordinance. All new irrigation system designs and related ‘problem solving’ are approached with finding solutions that meet the needs of the plant material in order to provide optimum health and vigor.
New irrigation designs include state-of-the art equipment technology for weather-driven ‘smart’ controllers, dripline emitter systems, fertilizer injection systems, high-efficient nozzles, deep watering tree bubbler systems, and on-structure planting solutions including container planter pots.