- Brookwater, Inc.
- Company Type
- Professional Design Office
- Vice President
480 Saint John Street, Suite 220Pleasanton, California North 94566United States
Chabot Community College (Business)
CID and CLCA #006435
- Athletic Fields/complexesCertified Irrigation AuditorCommercial/Industrial/CampusCommunity Development/Master PlanningHousing Development/ResidentialRooftop/UrbanWater Management/Resource Assessment
- Specialities & Project References
- Athletic Fields/complexes
- Holly Sugar Sports Park, Tracy, California
- San Marco Park, Pittsburg, California
- The Fields Park, Portland, Oregon
- Chrysler Dealership, Pleasanton, California
- Riverwalk Shopping Center, Bakersfield, California
- Santa Clara Town Center, Santa Clara, California
- Community Development/Master Planning
- Rivermark, Santa Clara, California
- Riverstone, Madera, California
- Santa Clara Medical Center, Santa Clara, California
- Housing Development/Residential
- Parkside, Ontario, California
- Los Coches, Milpitas, California
- Rivermark, Santa Clara, California
- 2001 Market Street, San Francisco, California
- Mission Bay Block 3, San Francisco, California
- Kaiser Hospital, Oakland, California
- Water Management/Resource Assessment
- SFPUC LTAP Program, San Francisco, California
- Novartis Campus, Emeryville, California
- Harbor Bay Business Park, Alameda, California
- Certified Irrigation Auditor
- Residence, Woodside, California
- Residence, Hillsborough, California
- Mt. Eden Shops, Hayward, California
I started my career in the landscape/irrigation industry in 1975 when I worked for my husband’s landscape contracting company. I did the bookkeeping and helped with some field work. He opened a landscape design company in 1986, at which time I started designing his irrigation plans and drafting the landscape plans. All of our drafting was done by hand back then. In 1990 (at the height of the recession), our business was not doing well and I decided to look for an outside job. Ann Runley asked me if I would be interested in working for her irrigation design company (Brookwater) which she started in 1987. As the recession was not improving, we decided to relocate to Tucson Arizona where my husbands family is from. I worked for a non-profit company and then for a mechanical company doing cost estimating. After returning back to California in 1994, Ann asked if I would like to come back to work for her. From then on I was hooked! I fell in love with all aspects of irrigation design. Ann has taught me so much over the last 20 years. I am so grateful to have landed into this great career. I am now in the process of purchasing the company from Ann, who will be retiring.
I received my IA certification as an Irrigation Designer (CID) in 2008 and as a landscape water auditor (CLIA) in 2010. I am also on the Horticultural Board for Diablo Valley Community College.
I am proficient in Autocad, Microstation, and Vectorworks software. I am also skilled in Microsoft Word and Excel. I do all of the bookkeeping for our company using Quickbooks software. Our clients are generally very happy with the diversity of my skills, my prompt responses, and the quality of my work. Most of our work is from referrals and a very large client base which we have retained over the years.
When I decided to join ASIC in 2010, little did I know how involved I would become in the industry and the organization. I am the current President of the ASIC Northern California Chapter, a board member on the National Board, and am currently working on several committee’s.
Projects throughout California and the United States.
Brookwater was established by Ann Runley in 1987. We take a hands-on approach to our designs by going into the field for site visits and observation. Because of this we are proud to say that the projects have all been successful. Through field interaction we verify that products we have specified operate correctly, and evaluate any new application of new or existing products. The field observation is an integral part of our design work and its continued improvement.
Brookwater approaches all projects with a water management philosophy as an element of design. We exceed water conservation standards while ensuring that the landscape planting receives proper irrigation needed to sustain life and beauty, and maintain its initial creative inspiration.
We are well versed in AutoCAD, MicroStation and Vectorworks. Other capabilities, in addition to design of irrigation systems, include irrigation master planning, water usage analysis, LEED WE1.1 calculations and documentation, irrigation operation schedules, renovation of existing systems, feasibility studies, water audits, and construction observation.
Brookwater is certified as a Woman-owned Business Enterprise (WBE) with the California Department of Transportation, Underutilized Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (UDBE), and Woman-owned Business Enterprise and Small Business Enterprise (WBE/SBE) with the San Francisco Redevelopment Agency.
Ann Runley, as the president of Brookwater, brings over 40 years of experience in the irrigation industry to the firm. Janet Luehrs, Principal and CFO, has 39 years of experience in the irrigation industry and is certified by the Irrigation Association as a Commercial Irrigation Designer and a Water Auditor. Ms. Luehrs is also an EPA Water Sense Partner, a board member of the National American Society of Irrigation Consultants (ASIC), and President of the Northern California Chapter of the American Society of Irrigation Consultants. To round out our staff, we have two cad drafters, Willa Mui and Josiah Percia.
Please visit our website at www.brookwater.com.