2017 LEED Committee Call for Volunteers: Click HERE for more information
Selection criteria for applicants and a link to the online application form are available on the USGBC Volunteer Opportunities Page. The application period will close Thursday, August 31st at 5pm PST.
Public Policy Issues
The Independent Technical Panel on Demand Management Measures (ITP) draft report
ASIC Response to draft report
DWR Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance (MWELO)
ASIC Response to MWELO
Waters of the United States (WOTUS)
Design Guides are being updated: Please check back soon.
Earth Grounding Electronic Equipment in Irrigation Systems–Guidelines
Wire and Cable Color Coding–Guidelines
Smart Irrigation Month
Become part of the Smart Irrigation Month campaign and position your company as a leader in water-saving practices with customers, business partners and peers.
No matter your company type, market focus or size, it’s easy to be smart — in July and year-round.
- Snap a selfie to show your support for water-use efficiency! Download or print the #SmartSelfie sign and grab a picture of you supporting water efficiency. Be sure to tag the IA on Facebook (www.facebook.com/irrigationassociation) or Twitter (@IrrigationAssoc) and use the hashtags #SmartIrrigationMonth and #SmartSelfie in your post. The photo tagged to the IA Facebook page that receives the most likes will win a free registration to the 2017 Irrigation Show and Education Conference.
- Add the Smart Irrigation Month logo to your website, ads, customer presentations, field signs, invoices and more.
- Submit a press release or letter to the editor of your local newspaper.
- Include an article on irrigation best practices in your company newsletter.
- Ask employees to add the Smart Irrigation Month logo to their e-mail signature block.
- Encourage sales and marketing staff to participate in dealer and distributor Smart Irrigation Month activities.
- Hand out Smart Irrigation Month bumper stickers at your next contractor meeting.
- Host a live demonstration of water-saving irrigation technologies in the field or at your location.
- Feature water-efficient products and services in displays, ads, promotions and product demos with the Smart Irrigation Month logo.
- Use a banner, outside signage or counter sign to encourage customers to ask about how smart irrigation can save water and money.
- Make smart irrigation the theme of sales calls.
- Promote water-efficient products that qualify for rebates from your local water authority.
- Stick a Smart Irrigation Month label on every box that goes out the door.
- Give awards to customers and/or business partners who promote water-efficient practices.
- Partner with your local water provider.
- Lobby your town to proclaim July as Smart Irrigation Month.
- Include a statement stuffer in a community coupon book or customer mailing.
- Encourage customers to make existing systems more efficient with easy retrofits, like rain sensors, moisture sensors and pressure regulators.
- Volunteer to speak to a local homeowner association, garden club or civic group.
- Give out copies of the Smart Irrigation Month coloring book at a farmers market or county fair.
- Ask your local radio station to play a public service announcement.
For even more smart ideas: